- Episode 1: Bjorn Harvold – Co-Founder/CTO – Traveliko & Travelkoin (27 Sept. 2018)
- The emerging technology for blockchain in travel distribution will solve current issues for hospitality companies and therefore create better experiences for travellers
- Episode 2: Sally Fung (Art Director & Digital Nomad via Remote Year) – 18 Oct. 2018
- Increasingly more people are building their careers from offices that are non-location dependent and services are available to support these digital nomads—professionals who work remotely
- Episode 3: Nicolas Dubrocard (International Sustainability Specialist) – 08 Nov. 2018
- Nicolas Dubrocard discusses the hot topic of elephants in tourism by connecting history with present day and answering the question, “Are elephant camps bad?”
- Episode 4: Paul Rogers (Planet Happiness) – 29 Nov. 2018
- There is a growing movement to think beyond GDP and shift towards one that measures tourism in terms of GNP, Gross National Happiness
Listen as members of PATA Capilano University Student Chapter interview tourism professionals about innovative topics that have not yet made it into classroom textbooks! This student-led podcast directs the spotlight onto recent news as well as how the travel industry can be expected to change over the next few years.
Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is an international membership organization that promotes responsible travel and tourism, spanning 105 destinations and territories across 17 time zones. The award-winning Capilano University Student Chapter is comprised of the school’s Tourism Management students, who are empowered to build partnerships in its community, advocate for the environment, and create opportunities for developing the next generation of tourism professionals.
The PATA Cap U Podcast is an initiative of PATA Capilano University Student Chapter that is supported by the technical expertise of Capilano Radio. The music clip in each episode is graciously provided by Francis Henson, a Vancouver-based singer-songwriter, guitar player, and producer.